Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body lift or not?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Jul 22, 2004.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

I need a couple more inches of lift on my truck, but im not sure if I wanna do a body lift or not. I still need to be able to haul anything in my bed that I want. If I put a body lift on my truck, will I be able to support the bed underneath some way so I can still haul a heavy load in the bed? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

You might be ok with a ORD 1". But im not 100% sure. If i were in your position, thats wut i would do.

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I would not do a body lift, 1" is ok on the most part, but I'd never put one on my truck again. Kinda along the line of thinking of do it right the first time, body lifts are not the right way.

4. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

My truck is a 73 3/4 ton with a 6 inch lift and I want 37 inch tires but I could also live with 36 inch tires if I have to. Do you think I could clear 36's? I have a friend with a stock 1/2 ton and it will almost clear 33's so I though I could at least put 36's under mine. If all else fails eventually I might get the "zero rate add a leafs" to get another inch in the front, since ill eventually get a new front driveshaft made anyway.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have an ORD 1" body lift and love it. Sometimes having just a bit more space between the frame and body comes in VERY handy...

j

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a total of 7 inches of lift in the front of my truck and run 35's and at full travel I still rub. Oh well, a sawzall and a 4"grinder will take care of that problem.

As far as a body lift hey do what you want to do. A buddy has a 3" on his and I have a 1" ORD on mine. You just have to take into account how you want it to look. The plus side of a 3" body lift is it is a whole lot easier to change your spark plugs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bottom Line, it is your truck, do what "YOU" want to do to it and tell everyone else to kiss your a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I also have a ORD 1" body lift and haven't had a problem (been 2 years, by now) Very happy with it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif