Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift pucks: steel sleeved or?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Apr 18, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

do body lift pucks use steel sleeves inside them ? or ? where can i see what all hardware is used with them and how it goes together at body mounting points ?

thanks

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Hey Randy! The pucks I got from Performance Accesories were just high density molded plastic, and didnt have any instert that I could see.(Unless it was inside the plastic.) The only hardware you need is the pucks, bolts, washers, and nuts.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Matt, awesome, when i saw your truck it kinda got me wondering how those pucks are designed, making plans before i get the truck here, hehe, will be one big learning experience for me, body and susp lift, something new that ive never really done, hehe

oh and also: how are your wheel openings are trimmed: are they just cut following along the arch opening or were they cut back open further a little bigger/more ?

thanks

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

The opening are just chopped open, slightly larger at the front and rear so I didnt rub the 36's before I put the body lift on. Im gonna buy some air nibblers to trim them for some 38-42's. I used a recip. saw last time and Im not happy with how they turned out.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

god deal, good to know, will store in memory bank

lemme know when you trim again and how it goes for ya,
    thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif