Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift question... It's done but...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Feb 12, 2001.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

body lift question... It\'s done but...

Well it went on pretty easy... I was surprised... Looks like crap till I raise the bumpers... BUT... I cant get my tailgate down... It will not open... one side comes loose but not the other side... Do I need to clip the springs on the tailgate??? I hope not that things heavy as hell... Can I lengthen the transfer case shifter??? I think that's it... Mainly the tailgate is bugging me... PLEASE HELP!!!

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Re: body lift question... It\'s done but...

First off, your signature-line cracks me upp!!

The tailgate helper springs I just cut off. The instructions did not say anything about them so I lifted it without paying attention to them.I really needed to be finished with the project so I just went at it without thinking it through. You can easaly undo the upper bumper-bolts on the frame that the spring wraps around. Then move the bolt while your raising the bumpers. See my web-page for some pic's of the area around the frame and the bumper raisers I fabricated.

The t-case shifter linkage will not travel the needed distance now that the t-case is moved away from the shifter(or the body is moved away from the t-case)[​IMG] What fixed it for me was: Take the clip of one end off the linkage that runs between the shifter and the case. with the shifter in correct 4x4 position and the t-case proparly "clicked" into it's place, messure the distance needed. Take the rod completly off and adjust the treads at the end of it so it reaches the correct lenght.(for me it was about a finger wide)
    If it still is screwed upp you will have to take the boot of your floor shifter and cut out some floor so that the shifter can travel longer.. You will see it clearer when youstart messing with it.

Good luck.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>