Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift Question???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After putting a 1" ORD body lift on my truck the body is still a little out of align with the bed of the truck on the left rear side by about 3/4". I am going to put a stack of four 1/2" fender washers on the left rear body mount, which should bring the body in alignment with the bed.

The question I have is since the fender washers are about 1" in diameter smaller than the ORD aluminum body-lift pucks, should I put the washers under the puck, or on top of the puck?

2. 1-ton

Any opinions? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. 1-ton

Thirty reads, and still nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Did the body not line up right before the body lift? If it is the rear cab mount, I would put washers between the puck and the cab.

5. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    Did the body not line up right before the body lift? If it is the rear cab mount, I would put washers between the puck and the cab.

[/ QUOTE ]

The body did not line up before the body lift. When I did the body lift I replaced the body mounts as well. I thought replacing the old worn out body mounts with new body mounts would bring it back into alignment, but it did not. I guess the GM factory did not do a good job on getting the body alignment straight. I was thinking of putting the washers on top of the lift pucks as well, but I just wanted to ask in case there was something I had not thought of. Thanks.