Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift Question???

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 1-ton, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After putting a 1" ORD body lift on my truck the body is still a little out of align with the bed of the truck on the left rear side by about 3/4". I am going to put a stack of four 1/2" fender washers on the left rear body mount, which should bring the body in alignment with the bed.

The question I have is since the fender washers are about 1" in diameter smaller than the ORD aluminum body-lift pucks, should I put the washers under the puck, or on top of the puck?

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I really don't know the awnser to that. I would however start by trying to figure out what is causing that much misalignment. Did you install new body bushings at the same time?
    Try finding out why things don't line up and then see if that is a better long term fix than the fender washers.

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The body did not line up before the body lift. When I did the body lift I replaced the body mounts as well. I thought replacing the old worn out body mounts with new body mounts would bring it back into alignment, but it did not. I guess the GM factory did not do a good job on getting the body alignment straight. I was thinking of putting the washers on top of the lift pucks, but I just wanted to ask in case there was something I had not thought of.