Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hayduke, Jul 10, 2000.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

hey there all,
    i've got a great deal from a friend set up for some nice tires, but i'll need to install about a 3 inch body lift, (don't have the $$ just yet for a suspension lift.) i was wondering what was all involved? will i have to alter anything? so far i do know that i'll have to get the kits to raise my front and rear bumpers. also, what are some good brands?
    thanks.
    HAYDUKE

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Good luck on finding the bumper raising brackets you need.

You may have to cut out the bottom of the fan sheild on the radiator and do some shift linkage mods.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I use to have Black Diamond, ran about $90 at AutoZone. After installing one, you'll swear up and down that you'll never do it again. I know I did. You will have to extend some hoses (radiater, gas hose going to your tank, etc...) and I'm not sure how it is on the blazer (I installed mine on an old Toyota pickup I had many moons ago) I had to alter my shifter as well. It was a straight drive. Well this might have helped, and might not have, any how....Good Luck.

89 K5 Silverado

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I took step by step pictures that will show you what you are upp against in detail. There is also a description and pictures of the brackets I made to raise the bumper's.
    Go see my homepage below: Also you have a 86 K5. It will not be as bad as on a say 70's considering rustet bolts and bodymounts..

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

5. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Wait until you have the money for a suspension lift. IMHO, body lifts are just not worth the ahssle. SUre, they are cheap, but they are a headache. $80 - $90 is about average price though.

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

A body lift is a cheap way to add bigger tires....I wouldnt plan on catching air with the blazer it will cause too much stress on the body...Just plan on spending a weekend and do things slow, I like mine
    Brent

7. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

suspension lifts aren't that much more expensive only 3 times[​IMG], you should save up for a suspension lift. If you think 73-91 blazers are expensive to lift, what would an ifs truck lift kit be?

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com