Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

When doing a body lift, do you have to adjust the t-case linkage? I have a 203 in a 75 burb.

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Hi
    You can check out the write-upp I did on my page: www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com

I disconected it while lifting, re-installed it and drove with it a couple of months before I used the adjustment treads on the rods to extend it 1/2 inch. It kept popping out of 4x4 high

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

may have to lengthen it maybe.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Here is the thing that i don't get though. It looks to me after looking around that the t-case has nothing to do with a body lift. Only thing that I might see being a problem is the shift lever hitting the cut-out in the floor. Can someone explain to me what it is that I seem to be missing.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I didn't have to adjust or lenghten my t-case linkage. I only have a 1" body lift though. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm only doing a 2" and I can't see how you would need to do any adjustments. If I'm missing something, please slap me in the face and show me the light.

7. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

You are correct, it is just a matter of the shifter rod hitting the cut out in the floor. can trim to make sure it still works if need be.

Ken H.

8. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Just one of those deals where you find out what you end upp with and work out the bugs afterwords. I remembered my Warn 3" had it mentioned in the instructions, and it involved cutting the floorboard to allow the shifterhandle to travel the needed lenght.
    Like I said before I solved my "pop-out of 4x4 high" issues by adjusting the treads on the rod between the transfer case and the shifter asembly. Took me a couple of tries though....

9. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I believe that the 203 shifters are mounted to the tranny or t-case and the 208/241 shifters are mounted to the body, correct? This would be why some have had to adjust the linkage and some havent.