Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift Question ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chrome Moly, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Chrome Moly

Chrome Moly Registered Member

I'm installing A 3' body lift and I got the four body mount bolts from under the doors & the other 6 nuts off but how do i get the bolts out without breaking anything? And what do I need to do with the steering column in order for it
    to drop 3' ???? Thanx in advance.

Chrome Moly
    <font color=green>Resistance is Futile</font color=green> [​IMG]

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I've got the same concerns when I do mine. I know you just soak the hell out of them, let it penetrate over night,then hit them again the next day, and again if you have to. I busted one off on my old 79 pickup and I wound up leaving it. Not a good idea but I was younger and didn't know how to fix it so I just wedged the block in there, later on it wound up falling out( of course ) but I don't want to go that route now a days. Any other good tips guys ??</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Aaaah, bodylifting..

The 4 bolts under the bed comes upp thru the floor. On my 88 the two closest to the rear seats were welded around the heads. GRINDER!! The two at the tailgate had rusted stuck in the holes. The gastank rear mounts have a lip that the bolts goes thru and there is also a metal-cylinder that suports the bolt through the rubber-bushing. I did the mistake of trying to pound it thru by drillin off the head and punshing it down. resulting in the metal-cyllinder that was rustet stuck to the bolt bendt the gastank mount inside the frame. I should have used more time with the rust-loosner and punshed it upp instead. Would have saved me some time when installing the new bolt.(had to force the gastank mount upp while I was entering the nut.)ARRGHHH took most of that day.
    To get the front bolt out you will have to remove the bumper for easy acces. Then lift it out through a hole in the frame that was used for entering it at the factory.You will see it.

The steering coulumn has 2 bolts by the fire-wall and two bolts under the small acess panel under your steering wheel. Get those off then shake the hell out off the coulumn til it moves freely. It just slides down while you lift, when your done you will notice the steering coulumn has moved forewards 1,5 inch and has a slight steeper angle.

I did a photosection on my CK5 homepage that you can check out. Link below: Ask me more questions if you need more help.

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com