Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, May 7, 2003.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

iv'e got a 3" body lift, do i need to extend the transmission likgage or what else would i need to extend thanks drew /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep tranny linkage needs to change. I don't know if they sell a part or not. I made one for my freinds truck. You also need to modify your fan shroud so the fan doesn't hit the bottom of it. It varies on what else can be to short keep an eye on all your libes and wiring under the hood and such.

-Brian

3. BiggerIsBetter

BiggerIsBetter Registered Member

<font color="blue"> Fan shroud, tranny linkage, and gas filler hose. My kit from Performance Asseccories came with the 3 inch linkage to weld on to the existing tranny linkage. You have to cut the origininal in half and weld it in the middle. If you want to make it look nice then raise the front and rear bumpers and maybe some gap guards. When I installed my 3" body lift all the wires on the firewall had enough slack in them. </font>

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I don't have a Body lift but I think the t-case linkage may be affected also...

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sounds like a good time to go ahead and install a trick floor-mounted shifter. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

6. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

Hello Drew , don,t forget to disconnect the tailgate torsion springs that are attached from the tailgate to the frame.They will need to come off before you can lift the body. I am in the process of lifting my 2wd 3 inches. Dont really know about that shifter linkage.