Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body lift removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WinnipegK5, Sep 9, 2001.

1. WinnipegK5

WinnipegK5 Registered Member

I am removing a 3" body lift from from 79 K5. It is a 4 spd and the clutch linkage had been extended. I thaught it was 3" inches that had been added. I cut 3" inches out welded it back together but when I press in the clutch the pedal hits the floor. Could someone confirm the length of that linkage.

Thanks
    Mike
    1979 K5

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Can't you just visually check out the Zbar and linkages when you have someone press the clutch pedal?
    It seems like it would be straight forward.
    If all else fails, get a new clutch linkage from The Paddock (I think.) They sell all the pieces.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> At some point I'll be done building my truck and can actually go wheeling. Until then, I guess sex and alcohol will have to do. [​IMG]

3. buzzk5

buzzk5 Registered Member

my spare rod measures 19 inches pin center to pin center ...or 19 inches cotter pin hole to cotter
    pin hole no body lift....

4. WinnipegK5

Thanks, I had removed an inch to much and clutch would not engage, 19" works perfect.

Mike
    1979 K5 minus 1-3" body lift

5. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

I've been looking for a 3" lift kit for my 78 K5. Wanna sell it?

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

So whats the plans for the 3" body lift????? I really only want a 2" but if the price is right I may have to go higher [​IMG]

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange>

7. WinnipegK5

Make me an offer. It's brand new 0 miles on it all bolts included no bumper relocation brackets though. Shipping would be from Manitoba, or I could ship from zip code 58201 next week.

Mike
    79 K5

8. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

I sent you an e-mail Mike.

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2