Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift removal

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Jan 22, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

how hard would it be to remove a 3" body lift from a 72 blazer? Just the standard type with pucks. Is it feasible to do this or is it too much work. Also, would it be easier to replace it with maybe a 1" or 2" instead of simply removing it completely. Would I need to locate some factory blocks to do this?

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There are no blocks that the factory put in. The body rests right on top of the body bushings. Just get a new set of bolts and body bushings and you should be set.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Make sure you know WHY that bodylift is in there.....

We wouldn't happen to be talking about a K5 with a big block now would we???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally, I think a body lift can solve a LOT of "little" problems depending on what you are planning for the truck. you can get clearance for:

Large tires, Less Fender cutting
    Valve Covers
    Distributor
    CV-Style E-Brake caliper
    NP205 "clocking" for clearance
    Long travel shock mounts in rear
    Better gas tank clearance (by raising it the 2")
    etc.
    etc.

I had a set of 2" pucks made out of aluminum.....combine that with a nice set of poly mounts, and there's no safety reason not to have the body lift. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

well for one of the rigs yeah it has a big block. I'm thinking more in terms of its just too tall, the safety issue doesn't concern me. I just think that a 9" lift is a little bit too tall for me, and maybe I would be able to swap out the 3" pucks for maybe 2" or so. I guess another question would be is there another easier way to lower a truck a bit without replacing the springs?