Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPERSUB87, Dec 5, 2006.

1. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

ok, so i know how most ppl see body lifts on this sight. too late. i already bought one. but right now im just doing minor things to my truck and this summer i will be performing a little overhaul once i get a job. so my question is what all do i need to do for my suburban to properly work... and where can i buy the parts. like shift extensions and such. second. i am most likely going to put new bumpers, and rocksliders on my truck this summer.
    can or are there brackets that will allign everything up?
    what other parts do i need? where can i get them?

2. SUPERSUB87

anybody???? im doing it this weekend. so yeah. need some answers

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Shifter extension should be in the kit, bumper brackets will have to fabbed, gas neck extension, if needed, tractor/big truck/parts store. Fan shroud will need to be trimmed, steering shaft will need to be seperated a little. Try the search feature a little, endless knowledge there.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the biggest advice i can give you is, sell the body lift and keep it the hell away from your truck!! i put a 2" on my suburban and it was the worst thing i've ever done ot it! it kills the truck, it makes more squeaks and pops and **** now than ever before... oh and there are 14 body mounts on your suburban, only 10 have bolts through them, so when you lift it the lift pucks are supposed to just stay sandwitched in there, which is fine until you actually flex the thing up and 4 pucks fall out leaving your ass end supported by 2 body mounts at the very back of the truck.

5. SUPERSUB87

what? that seems.... a little scary. why don't people have that problem with a one inch body lift?