Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift?s

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Sep 10, 2002.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I really want to put bigger tires on my burb, and since I have a sandrail now, I wont be beating up my burb as mush. I am thinking 38.5 or 39.5s. Anyways I have a 4" lift up front and 6" in the rear. I want to lift it a little more. Should I go the 1" or 2" body lift. I know lots of cutting to make stuff fit. I have never really been a big body lift fan, but I dont want to get this big truck too top heavy. If it was my Jimmy, I would just put a bigger suspension lift.

Dan

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i just put a set of 1" lift HILL 4WD shackles on my sub tonight, and i have a 2" body lift on the way. chvyhs has a 2" body lift and he likes it.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've got a 2" body lift on mine and i'm planning on doing 4" suspension lift also. And I love it.

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I like my 2" body lift like MuddySub says. You can go to www.socalbigdawgs.com and check out the "Trail Reports" section. If you go to "8/31/02 Lake Silverwood & Holcomb Creek" you can see my Sub with the 6" suspension, 2" body lift and, 38" TSL Radials. I'm trying to get some pics of the body lift now that it's instaled.