Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift / suspension lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by imconfused, Jul 6, 2000.

1. imconfused

imconfused Registered Member

Does anyone know why some of the bodylift companies state that they are not to be used with suspension lifts? I purchased a 3" body lift for tire clearance but would like to install a suspension lift down the road....What harm could there be??

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I don't know why they say that.
    I read in some mags that a smaller suspension lift and a body lift can be better then a larger suspension lift.
    ie 2 inch suspension and s body is better then 4 inch suspension. You can use body lifts and suspension lifts together.

[​IMG]<font color=orange>chevy4x4</font color=orange>[​IMG]
    http://4x4.coloradok5.com

3. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

The reason they state that is for legal reasons. They are afraid you will increase the center of gravity to the point where you roll your blazer, kill someone, and then sue them. They can be used together. You just have to remember the higher the lift the easier to roll. Drive carefully and add a roll cage if it bothers you.

http://kodiak.coloradok5.com

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

remember that the suspension lifts gives increased wheel travel, body lifts allow for bigger tires without hacking (same amount of wheel travel).

Knife.

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

About all I can think of if is it makes it easier to roll other than that I don't see anything wrong with it...arent' there some states where body lifts are illegal?

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

6. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status