Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift Time - Do's and don'ts

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by or2play, Oct 11, 2002.

1. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Body Lift Time - Do\'s and don\'ts

Got my body lift, am expecting the bushings very soon. So who's got some installation do's and don'ts. Its a 2 inch kit. Any shortcuts or tricks you guys found when you installed yours? Thanks a bunch.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Body Lift Time - Do\'s and don\'ts

Big word of advice....TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

Make sure all your wiring and fuel and tranny lines are out of the way, disconnect your shift linkage(might need to be lengthened) and start with the passenger side then to the drivers side....oh, make sure you melt the steering shaft plastic pins out. I do have a few pics on my webshots. Good luck.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    oh, make sure you melt the steering shaft plastic pins out.

[/ QUOTE ] OK! i don't EVEN see a point to this at all! all i did was loosten the 2 bolts at the fire wall and lift it, no heating no melting. my 2" went fine that way as did mudbogAD's 3". so sorry jeff but i gotta disagree with ya here.

i can give you some actual advice though, there are 14 body mounts on a suburban, 10 have bolts throught them (GM engeneers at work there!) if you start at the back and go foreward, the 4th mount pair (in front of the rear axle) have no bolts, you might as well not put the pucks in them until you drill the floor and put bolts in, i lost a puck that was pinched in there today. oh and depending on how your engine runs the fan shroud is not a big deal, my motor runs colder than it should on average anyway so missing the bottom half of the shroud is not having any bad effects on me. but i will probably put it back in before next summer.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    OK! i don't EVEN see a point to this at all! all i did was loosten the 2 bolts at the fire wall and lift it, no heating no melting. my 2" went fine that way as did mudbogAD's 3". so sorry jeff but i gotta disagree with ya here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly depends on how long your steering shaft is as to whether or not you need to do that.

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I didn't melt anything on mine either. Here's a link to my bodylift pics: Bodylift