Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by terrier72, Jul 12, 2004.

1. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

I was wondering what everyones opinion on a body lift was. I am restoring a 75 blazer and have to replace the body bushings; so i thioght while i was down there i would put a 2" body lift on. I dont want a large gap between the body and the bumper, so any one with any pics of a blazer with a 2 inch body lift on it would greatly be appreciated.

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

2" isn't too bad, I have one and like it for the most part so far, if nothing else get the 1" from ord, that would be a happy compromise.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Do you have, or do you plan on getting a suspension lift ??? Personally I'd go for the ORD 1" body lift, + poly mounts.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 3" and I hate it basically. Takes a lot of work to make it look right with lifting the bumpers and can cause some cooling issues from the cut/missing shroud. I can post pics of my K5 before I lifted the bumpers to match the body and after..if you would like.