Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Apr 22, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i want to gat a body lift, where is the cheapest place to get one

2. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

How high are you looking at going? you have to be a lil more spacific :) but a good place to Look is Summit cataloges or www.summitracing.com....they have it all. heck maby even
    J-C whitney.

---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You sure about that because....you have to adjust your linkages on the tranny and t-case. Your bumbers sit lower and look stupid. Your steering shaft has to be extended. You're fan shroud won't line up right. The torque rods in the talgate may cause trouble. There's probably some various things I'm forgetting. The higher you go the bigger PIA it is. The body lift would be for you have a 6" suspension lift and to go higher.

[​IMG]

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I got my 3" from Warns. They where allright and came with a pretty decent instruction manual.

Dependent of how much salt your Blazer has seen installing a bodylift can be a weekend jobb or a 2 week jobb. I took some pictures while I was innstaling mine. They also show how I made brackets to raise the bumpers afterwords.

They are at:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

[​IMG] If your not living on the edge, your taking upp to much space![​IMG]