Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lukerz, May 22, 2001.

1. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

Outside of store bought lift kits has anyone gotten cheap and creative for a bodylift do it yourself?? A buddy of mine mentioned hockey pucks???
    Thanks,
    Lukers

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by lukerz on 05/22/01 08:28 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have used hockey pucks to gain an inch but but not thrilled about stacking 3 or 4!! A friend of mine did. He didn't wheel the truck alot but never had any other problems.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

So you just drill a hole in the center and that's it??

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift

4. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

I have gotten creative for a few friends of mine, here's what I have found works best, even better than anything you can buy... If you want a three inch body lift go find yourself some 3 x 3" square stock. Either 1/4 or 3/16" thickness will do. Cut up 3" long sections, drill a centered hole in each, buy the proper length bolts, I use grade eight. We made a 4" body lift for my buds f@rd.... Cost us about $50, holds up to abuse better than any body lift I have even seen, and just looks more logical if you ask me. I am going to begin the same 4" body for my blazer this weekend. I will try to take pics and let everyone know how it turns out. Need the extra room for my prospected 44" Ground Hawgs. [​IMG]

You call that dirty!?

5. johnnysjimmy

johnnysjimmy Registered Member

Go to your local marine shop and ask about boat rollers. they come in several sizes and colors. they also have a hole drilled in them and they are already bushed so that you can crush them