Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sunnyc123abc, Nov 21, 2005.

1. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

well i noticed some big cuts in my tire from teh fender hitting it, so im planning on getting a body lift. I don't want to trim my fender cause im chicken. so i was wondering if i should go with 1" or 2" in, cause thats as high as ill go with a body lift. and who else beside ord makes 1" body lifts. also wat modifications am i going to run into. thanks

2. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

im looking for the samething...i cut my fenders...it wasnt bad at all..if u dont want to do it because of how rare k5s are...then nah, but if u dont want to because of "skill" level...go right ahead, all i got was masking tape and an angle grinder aka die grinder...it was a piece of cake, i cut it to the angle of the fender and mine actually looks stock and it took about 60 mins to do everything. u might want a little mig welder to weld back the inner fender.o ya..i took about 4 1/2" off on the front fenders and im fitting 38.5" tires, im still thinking about a 2" body lift because ill be flexing a lot when its finally on the road/trail.