Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reaper450, Oct 13, 2006.

1. reaper450

reaper450 Registered Member

All right, I just picked up a body lift for my 82 k5. I just wanted to get ya'lls advice on how to jack the body up from the frame. Do you have to take the carpet and interior out to get to the frame bolts? Give me any advice you have on the easiest way to get my blazer up three more inches. Thanks.

2. cjjones

cjjones 1/2 ton status

I have loosened all the bolts on one side and removed on the other and used my floor jack with a 4x4 block of wood about 3 feet long. Do one side at a time and you shouldn't have a problem. Leave all bolts loose and use your frame to body as measurements to make centre again.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

in my 85 I had to pull the carpet up in the back to get the bolts out. they were also welded to the floor from the factory. good luck, use lots of lubricant and hope none of the ones under the front seats break. then you have to cut a hole in the floor to get to the captured nut inside. I have had to cut into the floor on the 3 that I have done.