Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm thinking of putting a body lift on my 74 K5 and was wandering what mods were required for a 3" vs a 2"....

Jay Richey, K5s kick A@#!!!

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You will need to raise the bumper to compensate for the lift. Shifters might need need to be lenghened and you should really take a look at your body mounts since there will be more stress on these components due to the added leverage.</font color=blue>

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I would suggest you go with a suspention lift instead. Supposedly the body lift will put more stress on the body during 4wheeling. This will be especially bad on the full convertible K5s. Besides, I think they look funny.
    the Goose

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I have suspension 6" and 3" body on mine. suspension lift required relocating of brake lines, and new drive shafts. My body lift required a lengthener for my shifter, some wires to be relocated, now body bushingsm relocation of the rear bumper and front bumper also the fan shroud needed to be trimmed. Either way there is some work involved.

4. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

to answer your original question, you will have the same amount of steps (that the other guys outlined) for both the 2" and 3" body lift. There will be no difference other than you will be placing the 2" or 3" pucks in between the frame and body.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

5. thanks for the input guys

Jay Richey, K5s kick A@#!!!

6. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I put on new poly body mounts and a 3 inch body lift on my new body when I swapped the bodies out and I hopefully will be able to drive it this weekend after 8 months.. I will let you know how it drives with the lift.

Zack
    ZCarlson@yahoo.com

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!