Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevycanada, Jun 8, 2002.

1. chevycanada

chevycanada Registered Member

i am goin to be startin a 3" body lift soon. i am just wondering if anyone has any tricks or suggestions to make things go smoother. are they harder or easier then a suspension lift?

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Spray the heck out of your bolts with a good penetrating spray like PB Blaster .... let it soak and don't use an impact wrench ,, you'll snap bolts fast that way. Make sure all your electrical linesand hoses have enough clearance when you start to lift the body up .... Make sure your radiator is getting enough air from the fan, if not, you might have to modify your shroud ... You'l have to pull up the rear carpet to get to the back bolts since they go in from the top .... Also expect to find some nasty stuff when you do .... Take your time and ask questions here along the way ! I'll be doing mine soon as well when I find the time ...Good Luck !</font color>

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Also make sure you have a good floor jack; 2x4's and a friend. Feel free to shoot me an email if you need any help I've done a ton of the body lifts here at the shop.

4. Den

Den 1/2 ton status

And dont forget the helper springs for the tailgate....oops i did and the emergency brake cable.......

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Your gonna have lenghten your gas tank hoses,and ether cut or take out your tailgate springs. Also trim the fan shroud,and lenghten your tranny linkage. I had to do all this just for a 1" body lift. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

Dont plan on gettin done in a day. Theres always somethin youll run into. Im in the process of doin my 3 " right now and one of the weld nuts in the body mount was broken so we had to find a torch and cut a hole in it to try and get that bolt out. that sucked. Im gonna finish it up today, but im sure theyll be somethin else that goes wrong. I think ill just go all suspension on my future projects /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Good Luck, hope it goes smoother than mine. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif