Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aksidentproan, Sep 16, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I got my 2" body lift and have all the body bolts out. What's going to give me problems when I install this? Ive got a manual tranny. Thanks.

Evan

2. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

My 71 has a 1" body lift that came on it and tne problems that I have noticed, include the fan shroud is broken and
    does not fit anymore and someone had to butcher /forums/images/icons/frown.gif the drivers side inner fender so the steering shaft would fit. I am considering removing mine.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Put the bolts back in one side and do the lift one side at a time. Leave the other sides bolts loose.

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

You may have trouble with your clutch linkage (pedal to under hood arm). You may need to trim the trns tunnel @ transfer shifter to get all gears.If you have a stock front bumper you may need to bump it forward to clear the fenders.Get a longer gas filler hose, and watch the wire harness, and you should be alright. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I got it on and I'll have to lengthen the clutch linkage rod and cut the gear shift hole in the floor a little bit bigger so it will go into 2nd. Other then that it was a very simple install. Thanks.

Evan