Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cojnit, Oct 14, 2002.

1. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

I am installing a 3" body lift on a 76 3/4 ton pick-up. I am wondering if there is anything special I should be considering as I embark upon this mission. I have finished the bed already and am a little wary of starting the cab. Do I need to weld anything? Now see this would be a problem because of the lack o fwelding equipment and knowledge. Stuff like that is generally the info I am looking for.

Thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If its a auto you should have to weld in a extension for the shifter, dont know about a manual, also might have to trim the bottom of your fan shroud or just take it out if its a two piece. Steering will have to extended, easy to do that undo the rag joint pull it out and melt the plastic pins(there is a pic of them if you do a search) Do yourself a favor and search there is a ton of stuff on body lifts thats been covered and can answer your questions, i might not have mentioned everything and there could be differences between your truck and my blazer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif