Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BODY LIFT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85GMCJimmy, Mar 25, 2000.

1. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

I wanted to know who has done a 3 inch body lift on the blazer? If so how did you raise your rear and front bumpers, so it will look right, with out having those huge gaps in between the bumper and the body. The only way I will get a body lift is that i can raise both of my bumpers.

2. I made some brackets for the back out of 1/4" steel and raised the bolt for the tailgate spring too. And in the front I kept it at stock height and it looked fine!!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I have an 85 with a 3" body lift. In the front I have a winch bumper and judge for yourself (http://sites.netscape.net/mikesthmpr/thumper) but you cant really tell at all. The bumper is on the stock brackets. In the rear, I cut and bolted on a metal sheet that I cut to fill in the gap. It didnt look too bad, but now I have the custom rear bumper so it looks even better.
    Good Luck

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

4. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by JoeAngelicchio

5. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I have a body lift and for the front my valance piece acutally made it look better then stock so that was taken care of as of yet my tailgate isn't installed back so I can't see how bad that gap is .. But one thing i did notice is my exhuast now looks like its too low..

Zack

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>