Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body lifts

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by ihatefords, Dec 15, 2004.

1. ihatefords

ihatefords Registered Member

I already have a 3" body lift and a 2 1/2" suspension. Can sort of clear 38's and want to. what does a 5" body sound like. Crazy but cheap started building it so far am at $15 for metal and probably $20 in bolts. Is it worth it?

2. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Most states have a maximum 3" body lift. I have seen toyotas with 5" bl over in Florida.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Most body lifts stop at 3". From what I have read anything higher is unstable and not safe.

.02c
    Burt

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I don't like anything over about a 2" lift, much less a 5". I would recommend finding a different way to make the tires work. Maybe the sawsall? Or a bit more suspension.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Safty First

It Isnt Safe To Do That . It Isnt Worth It . Puts To Much Stess On Body Bolts. If You Get In A Acident The Body Just Snaps Off The Frame. Buy A 4" Lift To Replace Your 2.5 Thay Are Always On Sale With Shocks For Around 300 Dollers. FRIEND HAS SB TRUCK WITH WORN OUT 4" AND 3" BODY WITH WORN BUSHINGS AND CLEARS 38X12.5X16.5 TSL'S WITH SLIGHT FENDER HIT AT CORNERS.

6. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

cut-out fender flares! They give you alot of clearance and make your truck look good. I have a 4in suspension, 3in body and I had 38x15.50x16.5s and they had a ton of room!

7. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Instead of killing yourself and others with booty fab give ORD a call about there 1" Longer HD shackles and a set of "0" Rates. If the 38's still don't fit:hack: . I know it will be more than your $30 body lift but hopefully your life is worth more than that.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

So if you were to do a five inch body lift, do you also recommend bolting the seats diractly to the frame so that you don't go for a ride in the body down the cliff when the body snaps off? I have visions of Wile E. Coyote.:D