Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Molding?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dvldog 70k5, Nov 12, 2004.

1. dvldog 70k5

dvldog 70k5 Registered Member

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

yea there are roughly 1/4" holes in the middle running down the length of the trim if I remember right, I think most of those have like 4 clips.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yes there will be holes under the moulding. They have what appears to be a flat peice of metal with a small diameter rod that locks into the upper and lower edges of the moulding and stud that goes through the panel or door and a nut on the back side.

Might be worthwhile for you to request some magazines for parts since they show a lot of good illustrations and if you need little clips or parts or anything where you can get them. A few places to check are

www.LMCtruck.com
    www.earlyclassic.com
    www.gmcpaul's.com
    www.classicindustries.com
    www.brotherstrucks.com
    www.truck&carshop.com

or just keep asking here the best place for answers on anything. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes there will be holes under the moulding. They have what appears to be a flat peice of metal with a small diameter rod that locks into the upper and lower edges of the moulding and stud that goes through the panel or door and a nut on the back side.

Might be worthwhile for you to request some magazines for parts since they show a lot of good illustrations and if you need little clips or parts or anything where you can get them. A few places to check are

www.LMCtruck.com
    www.earlyclassic.com
    www.gmcpaul's.com
    www.classicindustries.com
    www.brotherstrucks.com
    www.truck&carshop.com

or just keep asking here the best place for answers on anything. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. You'd be amazed at what you can learn by studying parts catalogs....they usually have great "exploded" views of the vehicle and by reading the line items, you can tell which years had "unique" parts. This is especially true for a '69 K5. There is often times a special line item for the '69 parts vs. the 70-72.

When you're REALLY ready to make your head hurt, order the Factory Assembly Manual. It's about 500 pages (in apparent RANDOM order! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) showing EVERY detail about our trucks including every spot weld, and piece-part that exists. I went through that book one night and now it's got about 50 "post-its" on all the pages with cool details I want to be able to find easily again.....there are no page numbers or index in that manual.....go figure! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif