Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mount bolts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudGorilla, Jul 24, 2002.

1. MudGorilla

MudGorilla Registered Member

I'm removing a 3" body lift and need some stock body mounts. Anyone know where I can pick some up?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LMC or try the dealer. I'm sure someone here know's the size of the bolt's, go pick'em up at the local hardware store /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Wrecking yard is where I'd go. Rust shouldn't be any more of a problem down there than up here, and the core support bolts are the only poorly designed ones that will rust even up here. (the bushing design holds water, so the bolt rusts quickly) I got all my bolts from the wrecking yard, and none were rusted at all except the core support ones.

Gives you an excuse to look for cool stuff anyways. Hardly ever find truck parts you didn't know you needed at a hardware store. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

find someone installing a body lift... and take theirs! I know I just threw mine away back when I did my BL...

J

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Um... hardware store. They sell bolts. Tape measure will get you the length you need.

Or simple eough... just buy bolts 3 inches smaller than the ones that are on the truck now.

Ken H.

6. MudGorilla

MudGorilla Registered Member

Thanks! I think buying 3" shorter bolts would be perfect. I should have thought of that /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

They're 1/2" diameter BTW.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

another thing to remember, there are atleast 3 different lengths of body-mount bolt in my rig ('85 jimmy)... dont just pull one bolt and get 'em all the same length...

J