Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mount compatibility????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Itali83, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I'm gong to be doing my rear floor in my 87 Jimmy next week. Well, starting the project I should say. I was looking at my rear mounts, not the rubber, but the acual metal mount that is rivited to the frame. They look ok but when I take the rubbers out of them, they make be shot, What I would like to know is that if they are the same mounts that the pickups have?? Because junkyards around here have nothing for k5's and if I need some mounts in short time, I'd like to be able to use my junkyards. I'm most concerened about the 2nd to last mount, the one right oner the rear axle. Thanks in advance.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

The mounts in the center of the rear floor are definitely rotted. You should have enough metal to weld plates on the old perches though. I am welding some plates on my 87 this weekend. Also, I should have my floor in next weekend with a little help from the gods.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks. Maybe I'll have to go that route. Just wondering though. Thanks agian
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>