Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mount Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by frogman68, Jun 2, 2006.

1. frogman68

frogman68 Newbie

Evening all

Some questions on replacing the body mounts on a 88 K5 Blazer (free trucks are not worth it!!) the washers are gone on the 4 under the cab section,
    Can I use 1/2 inch fender washers ?
    The back 4 is the bigger issue the floor was rotted so bad that the mounts actually have come thru the floor I welded (learned since I was given this truck so not real good) 2 pieces of 2 in square channel across the bolts I was thinking of just cutting the bolts out and using some grade 8 1/2 bolts drilled thru the channel then welding the head to the top not sure if that will be strong enough or should I just weld them to the bottom of the channel to keep the strength of the channel?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Are you talking the "cup" washer that the nut seats against, or like shims?

If you are talking about the cupped washers, I'd suspect fender washers wouldn't be anywhere near strong enough to hold up to the stresses without bending.

The cup washers are very thick and a lot stronger than any fender washer I've ever seen.

Can't help on the other part, sorry.