Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mount issue

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by spearchucker, Sep 28, 2004.

1. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I'm installing the body mounts for my 89 Blazer and ran into a problem that I haven't seen raised before. The body mounts I ordered from you are for an 81-91 Blazer. The problem is with the number 4 position, next to the rear wheel well. The carriage bolt I removed has the square portion of the shank that extends from the head down about 1/2 inch. The supplied 2 1/2 inch washer that goes next to the floor won't go past the square part of the bolt, and neither does the 1 5/8 inch supplied sleeve. So when I have the body mount installed and insert the bolt it sticks up from the floor by about 1/2 inch since it can't go past the washer. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    So how would you go about making this fit? I'm thinking I should enlarge the hole in the washer and then grinding down the square portion of the carriage bolt so it will fit through the sleeve.
    I have never heard of any one else having this problem, but maybe that's because many people also install a 1" body lift./forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You probably have this done already but your solution sounds like the way to go with this. Maybe not all the carriage bolts are the same?

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Yep, I already did this. Just enlarged the hole in the washer to 11/16 and rounded the carriage bolt slightly, not as much as I originally anticipated though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Why don't those washers come with a larger hole in them and why haven't I heard of anyone else having to do this?