Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mount, need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, Oct 8, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Mar 21, 2000
    Still grinding away at the rusty truck. Trying to POR15 all the rust before the snow and roadsalt.

When painting underside the floorboard on the passengerside (where people in the rear seat put their feet), I noticed that the body mount had compressed and squished. I replaced this a few months ago and it was not like this before. The other side is not compressed. Is it possible that I installed the wrong one there? There is some rust on the frame, could there be too much weight on it? Could it be overtightened? Need some help ASAP please!

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer
  2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    I would think that it was taking alot of weight from the other mounts that you didn't replace. They all slowly deteriorate and start swishing. If you just replace one, it would be like trying to hold up all the body from one point, the weight would not be equal because all the other mounts are swished. That's what it sounds like to me.

Cruisin in my '73.