Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mount nut/ axle placement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Feb 11, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

So I received my shackle flip, zero rates and front springs /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif. Now I have 2 questions.
    1 One of my body bolts is missing the nut (????????) WHat size is that nut so I can get a new one?
    2 I want to move the front axle foward 1" or 1.5" what steeing corrections would I need to make?
    3 sorry i lied. Is there any benefit to moving the rear axle also??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: body mount nut

[ QUOTE ]
    2 I want to move the front axle foward 1" or 1.5" what steeing corrections would I need to make?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're running the stock steering setup, you'll have to shorten your draglink. If it doesn't shorten enough just by turning the sleeve, you may have to cut a bit off of the end of one of the drag-link ends, but it should work. I've never done it, but I'm thinking there's enough thread there to make up the difference of 1 inch.

[ QUOTE ]
    3 sorry i lied. Is there any benefit to moving the rear axle also???

[/ QUOTE ]
    No major benefit. The reason to move the front forward is to keep the tires out of the fenders/firewall. If you wanted a specific wheelbase for some odd reason, I suppose moving the rear would be one way to accomplish that. And, moving the rear axle back a bit will increase the departure angle...but probably not enough difference to justify the amount of work/$$ to do so.