Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mount problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Habez, May 8, 2006.

1. Habez

Habez Registered Member

Over many years of rust, the buckets on my frame, where the body mounts bolt, are pretty much gone. On most of them, the holes are as large as the body mount rubber, or at least what's left of the rubber. What would probably be the best way to fix this problem?

I am thinking of getting some steel and cutting a plate for the top of each of these and weld this plate to the existing steel the best I can. After cleaning it up of course. I know this idea wouldn't be the strongest, but would it be enough to hold up?

The other idea I have is get some angle iron, cut it about the size I need, box the sides then bolt them where the old ones are rivited.

Or better yet, does anyone know if you can just buy these peices?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just what i did . look hear.

new mud truck 013.jpg

new mud truck 014.jpg

3. Habez

Habez Registered Member

how well have those held up? That is pretty much what I was thinking of doing in the first place.

I'm mainly concerned because I will be wheeling it, but it will also have to be driven on road so safety is a large concern.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the plate is the same thickness as the stock frame mount. should hold up the same as stock till the rust eats it off.