Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mount Q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Sep 6, 2005.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Well the best I can figure is that one of the front body mounts collapsed and allowed slop. This in turn allowed enough banging around to suck the top of the bolt through the washer :eek1: . Since I couldnt get a socket on the bolt the top was cut off, with the next problem being that the bolt was seized in it. So this leads to the question, Can I purchase a single body mount from the dealer(discontinued?) or should I just suck i t up and go polyurethane. Hoping to be a quick job as I need to head off to school soon, oh and of course as a student $$$ is always a factor. Thanks, any info would be appreciated
    -Kell-

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

LMC sells individuals I believe, make sure others aren't bad, or a poly set just makes sense.

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i just checked LMCs catalog, individuals are offered.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

body mounts are available thru dealer or LMC.. it gets pricey quick tho.. if your just doing 1 or maybe 2, it'll be cheaper. but anymore and a whole poly kit would be wiser prolly...

dealer is actually cheaper than lmc, but not by much... think upper cushions, run about 20 for any of the front 6, not sure on lowers...

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Yeah it looks like only the front passenger lower is needed so I'll just order a single mount. Thanks alot for the quick help, its really appreciated :bow: .
    -Kell-