Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mount Replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jacobean, Jul 21, 2003.

1. jacobean

jacobean Registered Member

Living here in New England were rust is a big problem. My rear body mounts are completely gone. What is the best way to replace them? Anyone know of any aftermarket parts? or should I just fabricate them from raw stock?

Thanks

2. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Mounts on the frame, or body? My frame mounts went, I welded a larger plate with a hole in it over the existing body mount. If its rusted out in the tub, you can either fab your own replacement, or buy one from one of the the aftermarket panel makers. I don't know any US ones, as I use Cross Canada Parts.

3. crazykev4x4

crazykev4x4 1/2 ton status

i just rebuilt the whole back end of my blazer new floor ,tailpan, and corners and tailgate looks like new and the body sits straight once again . i got all my parts from browns of two rivers in two rivers wisconsin

Kevin /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. jacobean

The worst seems to be the body mounts. I have not seen anyone offer them aftermarket. bBut it would be easier for me to buy them.

Thanks

5. jacobean

Is Browns a local small shop or a larger place that might help a fool from Maine??

Thanks

6. crazykev4x4

crazykev4x4 1/2 ton status

browns will ship stuff anywhere . also i used polyurethane mounts on my blazer from summit a whole set costs 70 bucks way cheaper than gm rubber mounts and lots better too

Kevin