Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. chromewontgetyouhome

chromewontgetyouhome Registered Member

What are the differences between a pre 1980 and 80 up pickup poly body mount bushings? I have a 78 k10, what kind of mods will it take to run the 80 up mounts? I couldnt find any info using search, thanks!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

At least one difference is the core support body mount bushings. The overall dimensions changed for at least that body mount position, if not others.

3. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

get an LMC truck catalog. It has good diagrams to crossreference this info. As far as I can tell the cabs are the same, but the mounts on the '73-80 & '81-'87 frames are different.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have done this before. its easy. newer on older frame. cut the frame hanger hole bigger to recive newer. but only problem i had was on 77 frame with newer bushings and newer cab was back frame ears were 1" lower than needed. so i fabed up a 1" body spacer. or you could just swap the frame ears over.

and for the love of god please change that avatar pic. whats up with that thing?

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

'80 and older mounts are different heights.

'81 and newer are all the same size.

The problem lies in the steel mounts on the frame that makes them different. Just stick with poly mounts that work on the frame year instead of the cab year.