Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mounts just showed up!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ntaj*ep, May 19, 2003.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

YYYIIIPPPIIEEE! My prothane mounts are here! I can now start the dissassembly, LOL I took them out of the box and played with them a bit already..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I took them out of the box and humped up on them a bit already

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Thanks for fixing that for me, I wasn't going to say it..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif how much did they run you? and where did you get them i need a set /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I couldn't find any for the '72 for less than like $150 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif They used to be way cheaper. So I went to a local resto. shop here in Snohomish. Got em for $99.99 to my door. The name of the place is Pick-ups Northwest. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

do they have a website? if not any way you could find out how much they would be for my 77?

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I paid $75 for the ones for my 77 (chassis of the willy's)
    from 4wpw.
    that was product and shipped

-Jeremy

8. mudhog

cool thanks i just want to find the cheapest price i can /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

the Truck Shop has a kit for the first and second gens for $99.00 TRUCK SHOP .
    I put some on and had to add shims to the ones under the doors to open the top of the door jam. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I guess I should keep track of those, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Oh well I don't have doors anymore, so oh well......

OK So I'm putting these in this afternoon and..............The heads are welded to the body?! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifWTF Man what a b.......ig pain! I mounted one of the tubes for my cage right above two of the bolts too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif HEHE OOOOPPPPSIE! Also I have 6 mounts on each side and only 10 total body lift pucks from ORD?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But 12 fastners? The body mount kit has 12 cushons.

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Mudhog, ORD has your mounts for $99.99. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I got the mounts and pucks in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif What a pain in my neck!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It rides wwwwwwaaaaayyyy better, even with two of the mounts/pucks missing. I had to cut the rear bumper off and loosen the front bumper. I will relocate the front one I think. The rear I think I will fab up a new one with my old carrier. I just can't decide weather or not to cut my rear 1/4 panels at the body line.......
    Oh ya I looks way better too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI gained like 2" in some areas. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I took some pictures of the install too.

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

nothings easy /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. glad you got them on. I remember after I got mine on how nice the ride was too... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. mudhog

cool thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Do you have to take the rad out of a 74 to get to the bolts, if so, I now have an excuse to get a new rad and new mounts.....No I still havent't fixed my fawkin radiator... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

no, on a 74, you can get to those body mount bolts under the core support from in front of the core support behind the front bumper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Don,t tell me that.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I just did and its true...go outside and look...go right now, and don't forget to take the flashlight with you /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well now I know I need new batteries for my flashlight and my fawking rig is in the garage.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif