Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mounts, need info before this Saturday

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by B75k5, May 1, 2003.

1. B75k5

B75k5 Registered Member

Just purchased Energy Suspension Body Mounts for my 1975 K5 Blazer and the instruction sheet has one comment I need to be sure about. It states that you must not use the bracket at position 5 (the rear area nearest rear bumper). Does this mean that the new mounting will replace this bracket or does it mean I am to purchase a new bracket since the old one will be unusable? Please assist before Saturday...thats de-day for installation. Thanks in advance. Harry, Escondido, Ca

2. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

There is a goofy bracket inbetween the frame rails at position #5 that you have to remove, and when you tear into it, you will find out why I called it goofy. If i remember correctly, that bracket is part of the rear bumper assembly, because the nuts are tack welded to the inside. Remove them (or bend them far enough out of the way to drop in the new mounts.)

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What nofear said /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't need it.

Do one side at a time (leave a side tight if you can).

The 'bed' bolts are tack welded also (on my 91 anyway).

Do they look like good instructions? Is it a lift?

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

body mount bushing replacement tip post

Read my posts. Don't listen to the instructions, just cut the top of that bracket off, and re-use it. Think about how fun it will be to try and reinstall (removing the nuts would be much easier) the rear bumper brackets with loose nuts INSIDE the frame at that position.