Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mounts ripping out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Apr 17, 2005.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Has anyone had problems with rusted steel mounts ripping out of the body if so how to fix.

2. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

yes

weld in plates and reinstall

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd say that they are about shot.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just my opinon but if its safty related then there is only 1 way to fix it. the correct way. that other stuff is scarry . that body comes off and its your homemade coffen. stuff like this gives use a bad name when others see it and say how unsafe thay are. just my opinon only.

6. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

going to try to find a new k5 cause this one is pretty well shot. today is when it happened so it's not like i have driveing it that way. just sucks get somethin done and somethin else breaks.

7. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I agree, I do not feel safe in my truck. If your body aint connected to the frame I think that the body will crumple like a wab of paper if you get into an accident. Especially with all the rust weakening everything. I don't want to talk about it anymore :mad:

8. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

burbboy's burbalanche was rotted to hell, had valve springs for body mounts, and survived a rollover pretty well.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Body rot!!

I saw a 76 Ford F250 "highboy" that hit a stone wall at 40+ mph on a nearby street--the boy was "high" that was driving it!--it was so rotten at the cab mounts the impact caused the frame and running gear to come to a sudden halt---while the cab,nose,and bed continued down the street about 150ft from the point of impact!--the kid was still in the cab crying when the cops got there with the fire and rescue trucks...they asked if he was hurt,but all the kept saying was "my truck!-my truck!"--

No serious injuries to him,but he was charged with DWI and pot possesion....he admitted he was smoking a joint,and when a seed popped it caused the glowing head to fall into his crotch--while trying to get it back he lost control and hit the wall--the kid said the steering wheel went around like it was disconnected just before th crash--probably lost the "rag joint" after he lost the one he was smoking! :screwy: :haha: I was amazed to see the wreckage scattered all over the place,I thought sure it was a "fatal" when I came upon the scene... :crazy: