Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mounts, where and who to buy from?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jun 18, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I have a 75 that badly needs new body mounts...I missplaced 1/2 of mine /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I am looking into poly or what ever you guys recomend, I also sadly report I am running a 3 inch body lift as well incase that is a factor. Willing to buy new or used I just need some, I also need new tranny and motor mounts, just hoping I could save some money if you guys know who is cheaper. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i just got mine from chevy duty, poly. they were a bit under 100, delivered.

ARQ.

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I bought mine from Summit Racing, but I dont remember the price.

4. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I think Daystar sells polyurethane body mounts, stock lift and with various size body lifts. I think my I bought my 3" body lift from Summit Racing, and I'm pretty sure it had Daystar bushings in it.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Got my Poly ones from Summit also...it was around $90-

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I think poly on the body mounts and rubber in the spring eyes is the way to go. I paid less than $80 for my 87's poly bushings from JC whitney several years back, I also got the slip over mounts from them (after a little trimming they fit great). Went to the metal scrap yard picked up 10 1.25" by 4x4" square blocks of steel and had them drilled for less than $40 for a body lift. Between the new poly bushings and the 1-1/4" blocks I got about 2.5" of body lift. I got the motor and tranny mounts for less than $50 from the local autoparts place.