Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mounts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by darkshadow, Aug 7, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ok so a few of the big ass washers that youknow sorta hold the body of my truck to the you know the WHEELS!!!!
    front end bounces off road. i don't really like th elook of body lifts or i would just get a one inch lift kit. but i also don;t want to use old stock mount. so long story long is, dose anyone know of a good stock hight body mount kit? and how much am i looking at? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ORD has some... my body mounts are dead so I will be getting these when I get my blazer together...heres a link for you: clcity

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I DO NOT WANT A BODY LIFT. i hate the way it looks on a truck, at least one with a relatively small lift.

i am looking for a kit that will include all parts includeing washers and bolts, as most of mine will be killed in the removeal.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

the bushings and stuff in the ORD kit are Daystar...might want to do a search and see if they sell a complete mount and hardware kit without the 1" aluminum pucks.

As an aside a 1" body lift is hardly detectable, it's what I have and I also hate body lifts. I certainly wouldn't go more than 1" though.

Either way...

Rene

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I DO NOT WANT A BODY LIFT. i hate the way it looks on a truck, at least one with a relatively small lift.

i am looking for a kit that will include all parts includeing washers and bolts, as most of mine will be killed in the removeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

The link I gave you were just the body mounts! there a seperate page for body LIFTS.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sorry bud your right i say it says popular with the 1" kit i thought it was the one inch lift, still want all of the stuff ill need though.

and rena, with a one inch lift do you still have to extend much or can you just strech them? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Rene.

You can't really tell until you hook it up. it can be different with diffrent vehicles. You may want to adjust somethings to be on the safe side.

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

LMC has them in their truck catalog (cup, spacer, washer,bolt, cushion) but you probably want them for your sub don't you. Maybe someone here will have an LMC catalog for subs or you can call them at (800)562-8782.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My clutch linkage was able to be adjusted to suit, the steering column was just fine, the filler neck was OK too...the only thing I almost missed was the bottom of the fan shroud. It needed minor trimming.

I had no real trouble or issues, and the poly mounts sure did firm up the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

well my shroud is pre-trimed thanks to the bounceing front end /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I just ordered a complete poly body mount kit for my 89 from J.C. whitney. 74.99 and i got 20% off because i ordered more stuff. 200.00 or more got me 20% 80.00 or gets 15%. I got them for my 73 also.