Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mounts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dave_90_blazer, Mar 30, 2005.

1. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

Who sells new body mounts?
    I need to replace the ones in my 90, when I get twisty, the trans goes into neutral :confused:

I"m thinking of doing a body lift at the same time, but not sure, what is needed to keep the cooling fan lined up to the shroud?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

IIRC LMC has them. i think they have both the frame end and the body portion. in the end i think it would cost less to fabricate new ones and stronger as well.

edit, do you mean the bushings? or the moutns and the bushings... well, Summit has the bushings at a better price than LMC normaly. ORD may even beat the summit price. also you could check with the local parts guys. urethane or rubber.... i would go urethane personaly. stiffer ride, but lst a lot longer
    Grant

3. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

the bushings, and thanks

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I get Prothane bushing kits from JC Whitney. cheapest I have seen. I hate body lifts. But if your gonna do one, I'de stay in the 1-2" range. I use 1" just for a "little" clearance. But that way nothing really gets misalligned. I just "trim" the bottom of the shroud to clear the fan.

5. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Get OEM ones from the stealership... urethane makes my kidneys hurt. Urethane ones transmit everything to the cab... it reminds me of riding in a unibody car where all you hear is road noise and you pray for good shocks.