Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by burban1500, Jan 11, 2006.

1. burban1500

burban1500 Registered Member

I am about to tackle this project soon and was wondering if someone could help me out with more info besides for it being a nightmare dealing with the rusted bolts and cutting holes in the floor.
    1.)Do the 10 mounts all have those cups above them(mines rusted beyond recognition).
    2.)Does anyone make a 1" lift that comes complete with the cup washer(not sure if thats what they are called) or do i have to order them from chevy. Also if I do get a 1'' lift do the blocks sit on top of the stock mounts?

I also ordered that rear rocker panel(barn doors) and was wonderig if someone could let me in on any tricks on how to get that sucker in their the right way.

Its a 89 sub
    Thanks for the help in advance guys

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes they do.

No, you will have to buy the steel body mount lower washer and top cups seperatly. I think ther are companies other than GM dealerships that sell them.

The lift pucks sit on top of the steel cups.

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Went through kinda' the same thing when installing poly mounts on my '90 K5. I never found a place that sold the upper cup washers seperately, all of them including LMC and GM has the OEM rubber bushing molded onto the cup washer. LMC was about $13 per part + shipping so I just bought them through the local GM dealer for about $16, then you have to pry the rubber part out of them (if you are using poly mounts).

The bottom cup washers are available seperately and only about $3-$6. I've had to replace about 4 of these total because of them rusting and then falling off.