Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mounts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RGV72BLAZER, Feb 4, 2007.

1. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    last night, i was setting up all the hardware to get the body thrown on this coming saturday *that's the plan anyway*. i'm using LMC hardware and energy suspension poly bushings. now what i'm wondering is if i'm doing this right. the bolts have a lot of play in them in relation to the sleeve. i'll post some pics. i'm just wondering if this is right. i found my old radiator support mounts and it's the same thing. i'm just hoping the same thing is going on with the other body mounts. thanks.

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I think the triangle bushing faces down (two point up; one point down). Otherwise it looks correct.

3. RGV72BLAZER

a bit more clarification...can't picture it in my head.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I remember that too, I took it as an opertunity to up the bolt size for all the mounts. I did this long long time ago and I had to make several trips to the hardware store getting the right bolts...also be carefull when you tightin them down. You don't want to squeeze the poly to the point it buldges cuz then the poly will not flex if over tightened. I used nylon lock nuts so I didn't have to worry about them vibrating loose from not being totaly tight...you dig?

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you can kinda see mine in this pic. Also make sure cause the front sets use bigger bolts

DSC03883.JPG

6. RGV72BLAZER

thanks guys...i guess i'll have to be upgrading bolts as well...wish i woulda done this before buying all the hardware......i'm such a dumbie

7. MNorby

I think only the rad support and the front cab mounts use the larger bolts, everything else is the 3/8. Look at your washers cause they aren't all the same

8. RGV72BLAZER

so how much play is there supposed to be between the bolt & sleeve???? that's what i'm really wondering i guess....& why would there be play....

9. MNorby

I can't remember if there was play in the sleeves or not now. I mostly remember not realizing the washers were different size till I got to the front ones.