Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mounts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, May 1, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I bought some rubber from a local company that was about a half inch thick and made mysef some drip guards. Could i make body mounts out of this also? the company (monroe rubber and gasket) sell anykind of rubber in any thickness and hardness you could want. anybody have some measurements on the thickness and diamater ect of theres? i'm gonna do this and try and save myself 100 bucks. I know the bolts were on a thread a while back i will dig those up.

thanks

69K5
    nathan

2. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

I am not sure if that is a good idea, especially if you will be offroading at all. The stock and replacement body mounts mounts that sit between the body and frame have a metal
    reinforced lip about 1/8 in tall and about an inch. The lip drops into a hole on the frame to keep the mount from sliding around. I would worry about a mount slipping out while your truck is flexing. Just my two cents.

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

The body mounts aren't that expensive anyway, it's the hardware (Washers, nuts, bolts, etc) that costs the most money. I paid like 30 bucks for my poly mounts, washers and sleeves, and another 30 or so on the bolts and nuts. I'd be kinda scared to use solid rubber mounts too. You really need the sleeves and lips to hold them in place.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Ok I will reconsider thats why i put it up here. my truck has enough safety issues without adding one. where did you get your polys for like 30 bucks? all the sets i saw were like 100 and up. they might have included hardware though. i have a friend who can hook me up with some grade 8 bolts free of chage. he has a business and thats all they sell is nuts and bolts so i will just pull in a favor.

724fishin
    i do wheel but not like most of yall just mud and water. still might happen though so i wont do it. 100 bucks isnt worth my life or anyone elses. or the damage to the truck

thanks for all the help

nathan

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I got 'em at a local swap meet. I forget which vendor it was, I think it was Outback Truck Parts in Spring, TX but I'm not sure. The kit had everything but the bolts and nuts.

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I got my polyurethane body bushings from Summit Racing for something on the order of $80...

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info once again Dr chin.

thanks diesel