Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76GMCJimmyinAZ, Aug 24, 2000.

1. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Think it's time for new body mounts. Are the JCWhitney sets any good? Do I need to do ALL 400 of them?? =) JCWhitney makes KMart look like Dillard's, I know, but the prices at those other places for body mounts is ridiculous!!! How hard of a job is it?? Lemme know what you guys think!

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

2. I wouldnt buy those from JC Whitney,they are very thin.
    I bought mine from LMC,I've seen both and the ones LMC sells are alot beter.They also have a lot of hard to find items like bolts and all sorts of stuff.
    Good luck

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey 76',
    You should get poly body mounts like the ones from Energysuspension or something like that. The job aint that hard. You might want to replace all your bolts while doing this. I did a tech article write up on my site about this. Check it out, click on the "Mods" section and then click on the Energy Suspension spot. You'll see.
    Boss

The Boss now allows you to check out his site.
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

The Prothane ones in JC Whitney do not fit the Blazer. Even after talking to the Prothane folks who said that they would fit, they don't. The Prothane had two pads that fit the radiator support and the remaining 8 were all the same thickness. The forward four cab mounts are the same but the four (two on each side) in the bed area are different. Went to Energy suspension and they fit perfectly. DON"T WASTE YOU TIME AND MONEY ON PROTHANE!

5. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

I'll be replacing mine soon, but my main concern about going to the Polys is vibration being transmitted to the body. Just about anything I've ever put Polys bushings on before (and that's a lot) had considerably more vibes/road noise after the fact. How much so is this with the bodymounts?

<font color=blue>~BigBurban</font color=blue>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, I'll admit, you do feel the road a bit more. But I got use to it real quick. Now I can't tell anymore. It's really not that big of difference. And, poly last a whole lot longer than rubber. So I know I won't have to worry about this for a longggg time if not ever. Plus I think rubber cost more right? $130 or so for the set I think and you can get energysusp for less than $90.
    Boss

The Boss now allows you to visit his site!
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com