Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mounts??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tjslawny, Sep 16, 2002.

1. tjslawny

tjslawny Newbie

I have a 86 Blazer - the body mounts are pretty much gone on it - any recommendations as whether to replace with original mounts or 3rd party? Also, how much work does this entail? Is it something the average mechanic can handle?

Thx...

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I'm not going to kid you. It's a pain in the butt! What is really entertaining is as you jack the body up the frame come up because the load is less you you really have to jack to the the body about 2 inches off the frame to get some of those mounts out.
    Rubb by far does the better job of isolating the body from drivetrain and road noise. If your real concerned about that they go back rubber. LMC sells them and I think you can also gethem from several other restoration places like www.yearone.com Golden state etc.
    If this is a beater for the woods then the Polly's are cheaper and will take more abuse. The do transmit some additional noise. www.offroaddesgn.com sells the Daystar pollys. I just put a set on my 75 and they were good quality and fit correct. If you get them for ORD tell Stephen that Grim sent ya.