Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Oct 10, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

How hard is it to change out the body mounts on my K5? They aren't rusted-damn I love Texas, but they look pretty deteriorated. Thanks

90K5

2. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

If they are not rusted they should be easy to change out. You will need a small grinder to cut the tack welds on the rear carriage bolts. Use a good poly kit! This is not an area to try to say a few bucks. I would recomend Offroad Designs 1" body lift, because it gives a slight lift and also contains new hardwear that you will need anyway. Just be sure to do one side at a time.

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Go with ORD or with Energy Suspension urethane. I used Energy Suspension after I tried Prothane. The Prothane kit for the Blazer does not fit the Blazer. ES kits fit like a champ. Instructions come with the kit are easy to follow.

4. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

I am wondering this too.Both my mounts(washers) under both my doors on both sides are gone=(.These things are welded?!
    I want to replace my mounts but i dont think i wanna go with the energy ones.I've heard they feel "hard".I have a 100 mile round trip just for work and want my truck to ride nice.The energy ones do last forever though...later

89 almost 3/4 ton sub,almost

One From None

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Changing them aint hard at all. But, don't go with using the ORD 1" body lift as the mount. B/c the mounts come in different sizes. Like the ones at section # 3 of your truck are longer than rest. (This pertains to my 75', your 90' may be different). Plus remember, there are mounts under the mounts too and you can't use the ORD puck for them. But anyway, the 1" ORD body lift block is made out of aluminum, and the Energy Suspesion is made out of Polyurethane. The poly, although hard, gives more cushion than the aluminum puck. Rubber obviously keeps the softest ride, but won't last nearly as long. I myself went with Energy Susp, and the 1" ORD lift. Check out my site for the write up. Good luck.
    Boss

[​IMG]

6. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I just replaced all of the body mounts on my blazer and I couldn't tell much difference in the "hardness" of the ride, and the ones that were on my truck were completely shot!! Some of them weren't even there anymore!! It did however make my bodylines much better and there aren't as many rattles coming from it anymore either. The ES set is the one I got and I really like it. Just be sure to grease the bushings good or they will squeak.

HTH

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!