Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Mounts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, Feb 16, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Having some bumpers custom made for me, and when we pulled the rear bumper we noticed a worn out body mount. Anyone have any suggestions on which body mounts to go with?
    Thanks.

2. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

energy suspension polygraphite ones work well stay with the black intead of colored to avoid squeaks!

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

what he said. don't get the aftermarket rubber ones. they don't make them like they used to. I had mine "sitting" for 2yrs and they rotted. the old ones looked better. I just wend out and bought the poly ones.

ARQ.

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

If you've got the time to look, there are still some NOS original rubber body mounts out there. I've got a set sitting in a cardboard box that I've had for a couple years, minus the rad support mounts. Wanna guess which mount I just ruined?

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

stretch67...you say the colored one's squeak? I just got a set and they came red. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif When they list them for sale do they specify black or colored? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Don't want squeaks.

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

There is a letter at the end of the part # that is for color. Something like 'B' for Black and 'R' for Red.